Monday, October 5, 2009

You're Gonna Like This One!

I was at Front Street Market in Butte and was chatting with the owner, Jim. He asked me if I had tried the limoncello liquer. (I had to tell him I hadn't even heard of it!) Anyway, he went on to sing the praises of this drink and since I love anything lemon I looked for the first liquor store so I could pick up a bottle. He said he likes to keep a bottle of it in the freezer and when he wants a dessert he gets a bowl of ice cream and uses the limoncello as a topping. Yummy, he says.

So I now have a bottle of this treat (as seen above) and it came with several recipes. I decided to share them here so everybody who wants to try this will have some fun ideas for it. (I tasted the liquer and it is really yummy.) The ice cream idea probably sounds best to me.

Limoncello and Cream: 1 part limoncello, 2 parts cream. Combine in a shaker and shake well. Pour into a arocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon strip.

Limoncello Lemonade: Pour lemonade in a tall glass with a splash of limoncello.

Limoncello Ice Tea: Pour 1 oz. limoncello in a tall glass over ice. Fill with unsweetened iced tea. Add sugar to taste.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

BellaRosePhotography said...

Ooh, oh, I saw Giada from Everyday Italian use this stuff once, looked so yummy!