Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quilt Festival Fall 2009

I was poking around through some blogs and found this quilt festival and decided it would be fun to post one of my beautiful quilts. This one is special, to say the least. It is what is called a "round robin quilt" made by my quilting group in Dillon, Montana several years ago. The idea, if you're not familiar with it, is for each quilter participating in the round robin is to make a center block. That center block then is passed around (in secret) to three or four other quilters and each one adds a border to the original center block. Each person will add one border to each quilt involved in the round robin. This quilt is the final result of my center block--and I love it. I took it to Billings, Montana, and had it quilted then by internationally-known quilter, quilt teacher, fabric designer, Laura Heine, and what a magnificent job she did on my quilt. It is truly beautiful and one of my "treasures." (Remember, you can click on the picture to see it full size.)

So this is my entry for the on-line Quilt Festival Fall 2009. (Click on the embedded hyperlink on "Quilt Festival Fall" to go look at all the quilts.)

9 comments:

Marie said...

Very nice quilt. After seeing so much snow in the other pictures, the quilt feels so cozy.

Mikol said...

Beautiful! Everyone that worked on it did great, looks like they had a wonderful center to go off of. :)

Allie said...

Linda, your quilt is so beautiful! What a great story to go with it.

Marika said...

Nice the duvet ,
Marika Hungary

Julie Bagamary said...

Very nice and the quilting is nice too.

Carrie P. said...

I have done a round robin before and it was fun. Your quilt is lovely.

Carol said...

Beautiful.
I've never participated in a RR before. Sounds like fun.

I like the Moose munch in your previous posting :) That would make a fabulous wall hanging!!!!

QuiltSue said...

What a beautiful quilt

Christine said...

Wow you never know when you will get a dose of home! My husband and I both grew up in Dillon and are moving back this summer! A beautiful quilt as well!