Thursday, September 17, 2009

One of My Favorite Places in the Whole World

This is the Front Street Market in Butte, Montana. That's right--Butte, Montana. No matter where I travel I'm always on the lookout for "deli" shops--you know, those little shops that sell things to eat, like hot sauces, preserves, seasonings--that kind of stuff. And then I load up on too much and have to figure out how to get it in my suitcase. And of course, it's usually something in a glass jar.
So, I know my little markets. And I have never, ever anywhere come across a shop like this one in Butte. I'm still amazed every time I walk inside--and always find something new that I haven't seen before.
This place is packed with everything you can imagine with aisles wide enough for one very thin person! This section has a lot of Aisian items. There is stuff everywhere.
This section is one of my favorites. They carry seasonings galore--and I've bought a good number of them. Jams, preserves, chutneys. Teas from all over the world.
Have no clue what this pink pig is all about, but there it is! Perhaps you noticed the little pigs painted on the outside wall of the building? No clue! I'll have to ask next time I'm there.
It even has a deli where they serve lunch-type foods. I hear it's pretty good. They prepare the foods they serve on-site. They have a small kitchen for food prep.
Notice the airplanes hanging from the ceiling. Everywhere one looks there is something surprising and unexpected. The've obviously been in business for a very long time.
Pasta? You want pasta? You might have trouble choosing!
And wine. WOW! This is a very small portion of the wines they have to offer. They also have a wine club for $19.95 for two selected wines every month. Now that's a deal!
And this is the olive section. Truly amazing. I always look forward to any reason to go to Butte!

No comments: