Monday, May 25, 2009

The Scenic ByWay on Memorial Day 2009

I decided to take a day off and drive up "over the top" (the scenic byway) to check out what spring looks like up there. It was so beautiful and was very difficult to choose just a few images to post here. Above is a photo of the Grasshopper Creek before heading up over the top.

(These are out of the camera, Jessie. Remember you can double-click on the image if you want to see these gorgeous scenes full-size.)

It never ceases to amaze me that 20 minutes north out of our back door we have an amazingly beautiful pristine mountain "backyard." I'm always excited about the byway opening each spring and thoroughly enjoy every drive over it as long as it's open each year.

I took this right at the Price Creek campground area and that's Comet Mountain in the background. There's still a fair amount of snow up there, but not nearly as much as two weeks ago when the byway opened--that according to Betty.


This was taken at the switchbacks on the way down.

Wise River is running really high and wild. This is an old homestead up there somewhere. I don't know anything about it, but it's interesting.
This is right at the Maurice Homestead area.



Maverick Mountain still has some snow. I took this on my way back home.
This looks at the Sawtooth and the back side of our property.

No comments: