Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Quirky Stuff

Quirky stuff you may not know about me. Fun idea, Rachel. So here goes:

1. I'm a real foodie. I love new restaurants. I love sharing lunch with my daughters and girlfriends. I love to cook. I love to eat. I love shopping with my daughters and girlfriends.

2. I hate daylight savings time. If you want to know the truth, it saves not one single minute of daylight. I love getting up at 5:00 a.m. and I like getting up in daylight. I don't care about daylight at night. I also resent the government messing with our clocks. So there.

3. I'm also really upset that the government thinks they have the right to tell me what kind of lightbulbs I can buy. I'm stocking up on real lightbulbs since this is the last year we can buy them. So there.

4. I love birds. Birdhouses. Birdsong. They remind me of my father.

5. I'm a winter woman. But I love the warmth and womb-like quality of the humidity in Panama. Go figure.

6. I buy fabric because it is my art collection.

7. I love driving--anywhere, any time. The freedom. Going somewhere. Hour after hour.

8. I love whimsy. In art. In quilts. And silliness. And spontaneity. I love interior decorating.

9. I love photography--landscape, documentary, story-telling. people. grandkids! Yes!!!

10. I love having flowers in my house--all year, every day. I have tulips now.

That was fun!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love tulips, too! Thanks for playing! :)