Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dinner in Herzo

Katie and Bas have a favorite restaurant in Herzogenaurach that I think does a superb job with German "cuisine"--is that an oxymoron? So I asked if we could go there one evening for dinner. It's amazing how much Luna reminds me of her mama at the same age--very much a free spirit. So when we got ready to go to dinner Luna wanted to wear her little "fairy" skirt--which she did. She does quite well at a restaurant staying busy and quiet "painting" her mama's drawings. We were sitting there visiting and looked over and Luna had pulled her fairy skirt up on her head and said very clearly, "I'm a lion." We were pretty amazed. Of course, by the time I got my camera out of my purse she was busy once again with her painting, so this isn't a very good picture, but it was definitely one of those recordable moments. How did she figure out that the skirt on her head made her look like a lion????
The food at this restaurant is memorable. This is my plate, and I believe it was called "almschnitzel" which means "nude" schnitzel--without breading. It has cheese and bacon on it and was on a sauce of cream and mushrooms. Memorable is an understatement!!
This image loaded sideways--whatever! I have no control!
This is Katie's medium rare steak, which she thought was excellent.
I can't remember exactly what it was that Bas had, but it surely does look good! Pommes frites mit mayonnaise. YUM!

No comments: