Sunday, August 30, 2009

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!


I GOT A GOOD REPORT FROM MY DOCTOR!!! Even though I've been put under "house arrest." The doc still is not sure exactly what happened that landed me in the emergency room, but he did tell me that I have to stop "burning my candle at both ends." (I'm inclined to think that I was totally stressed out--exhausted.) The "event" of that day (whatever it was) set off some weird stuff that I'm still experiencing, so he is putting me on a low dose of nitroglycerin for three months to get everything heartwise regulated and stabilized and back to normal. He told me that I have a very healthy heart and shouldn't experience anything more--but I can't do another summer like this one! (I blame it all on Walt--I was fine until he crashed and caused me untold worry!) But the doc did tell me to keep the nitro prescription that I have and to keep it with me and to renew it every year. . . . Hmmmmmmm. I said, "it really is an art, isn't it?"

I can't begin to imagine what it will be like to be home for the next three months. . . . . September, October, November. Wow. Guess I'll get started on Christmas.

Walt is doing great! Better every day. We're so thankful for that. Thanks to all for love and caring and prayers. We are so blessed.

And we had a really fun weekend! Saturday morning we drove out from Billings to visit Walt's brother, Ty and Betty, and their daughter, Kelle and family in Fromberg. We spent the morning with them and I got a tour of Kelle's amazing garden--it's such a treat to see everything she and Cortney are growing and canning. And then we got to have some of Betty's delicious cake--I'm still thinking about that!

When we left there we drove on up to Red Lodge where we met another of Walt's brothers, Larry and Paula, and had lunch with them at our favorite Red Lodge restaurant. Walt and I are dieting, so we skipped dessert and then headed on up the mountain toward the ski hill to visit their cabin and check out all the changes and additions they are making to their place. It is one of my favorite places to visit as it is the perfect example of a cozy, inviting, rustic mountain cabin. If you dream of a mountain retreat, then this is it. Yeah, you're right--I should have taken some pictures to share!! It's so beautiful and the setting is idyllic.

We left them and headed back to Billings to meet my mother, my sister, Elaine and Bill and my brother, Jim and Marijane. We tried out a new restaurant called Jake's. So how was it? Well, it was mighty awful expensive to begin with. I had to go back out to the car to get a jacket because it was so cold. I had to send my "medium" prime rib back as it was crawling off the plate. Well. . . . We probably won't go back in spite of the fact that our waiter was really great and the place had a most inviting atmosphere and ambiance and was beautifully decorated--guess that's what we were paying for. Other than that. . . we had a really fun evening with my family! We always enjoy each other whenever we get together.

So that was our weekend. Really great. It's always so good to be able to spend time with family. We are back home today and getting ready for the week ahead. And it is a week we are excited about because the Grasshopper Inn will be reopening under new management on Tuesday--and that will be a good thing for all of us in the Valley.

No comments: