Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend In Salt Lake City

I know.  I was only home a few days when I headed off to Salt Lake, but it was a great weekend to visit our "lifelong" Army friends, Jim and Judy Lots.  We mostly ate and shopped and ate some more!  And I got to see most of the family while I was here, so that was just the icing on the cake.

 Our first "gourmet" outing was to the Red Iguana, a "joint" I've heard about for years.  The sign says it all:  "Killer Mexican Food" and it was delicious.  I'm going to make sure the next time that Walt and I get down here we will make a return visit.  Yum.  Yum.
 Chico's first visit and he made himself right at home - to include taking possession of the remote!
 And entertaining Judy!
 Makenzie fell in love with him, and I was concerned there for awhile that she might try to kidnap him.  Take a look at that girl's smile - it says it all!
 I got to meet Kian for the first time - which is really the reason I made this trek down here!  He is the cutest little guy and the newest addition to Jeff and Brit's family.  What a smiley, little guy he is.  And what a blessing.
 Our second "gourmet" outing was to the Gabor Bros.  We've been there before and loved it.  I guess it's Italian - wonderful pasta and pizza.  I opted to try a calzone - I didn't eat more than a fourth of it, but boy was it good.  Too bad I can't take it home with me tomorrow.  YUMMY.
This was Judy's hamburger.  She made it through about half - that's cause the onion rings were so delicious, so she had to eat those also!

It's been a great weekend, Jim and Judy.  I needed it.  Bless you all.

No comments: