Tuesday, August 16, 2011

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'

And that's just what they'll do!  For approximately 150 miles on two different walks in Ireland.  We're getting ready.  We're walking 6 to 8 miles every day in preparation for this adventure.  We will walk The Suck Valley Way in central Ireland and also The Dingle Way on the coast for 11 days total of walking.  Very different areas of Ireland and should be wonderful and beautiful.  We're so excited.  We fly on Thursday!  Depending on internet service at the hotels and bed and breakfasts where we will stay, I will make every effort to post a few pictures every day.  We will begin this adventure with 3 days in Dublin and will end with a couple days in Limerick.  Can hardly wait!


I figured out how to wear (carry) both my camera in a secure manner and also my daypack.  Certainly can't make a trip like this without my camera (obviously!), and it looks like we're going to need a rain jacket most days.  Just hoping it doesn't get too wet.  And of course, we have to carry water for the 15 (average) miles we will walk each day.  Hope I'm ready for this!!!

No comments: