Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hospital Update

The dr came in this evening about 5:00 p.m. so I can bring this up to date. He decided to leave the pump pumping in the chest cavity (the area surrounding the punctured lung) until tomorrow (Friday) morning. At that point he will stop the pump, but leave the tube in his chest for another 24 hours--until Saturday morning. The purpose in that is to not have to reinsert the tube between the ribs into the chest cavity if the lung should collapse again. (We don't think that will happen, but it's good to be on the safe side.) So we are hopeful that he will be home on Saturday afternoon. I have an appt with a cardiologist specialist of some kind (did you realize that there are specialist subcategories for cardiologists?) in Billings on Monday morning at 8:40 (one of those appts that I don't dare cancel) so must drive down on Sunday evening at the latest, so I'm very hopeful that he will be ok enough for me to leave him home alone. Probably more of a problem for me than it will be for him! Although, for sure, he will not be motivating particularly well.

I will take his laptop in to him tomorrow so he can catch up on "work" (reading the newspapers in Ecuador) and his e-mail. So if you want to send him a msg, you can do so at He's getting pretty bored!


BellaRosePhotography said...

Thanks again for the update.

Brittani said...

What would we do without the internet, probably not know very much about what is going on. I hope Walt is doing better, tell him hello for us and to heal quickly!! Your both in our thoughts and prayers.