Sunday, December 5, 2010

Welcome Winter!

I spent Thanksgiving with the Gang in Kansas (will post pics later now that Blogger is working again) and came home to about 8 to 10 inches of new snow as there was already about 8 inches when I left.  And it was snowing, snowing, snowing.  So beautiful.  I love it.

 The Sawtooth is magnificent when it is covered in snow with bright sunshine illuminating it.  This is the view out our front window.
 The aspen grove beside the house looking off to the north.
 When it looks like this outside this is one of my favorite places in the house - in my rocking chair beside the wood cookstove in the kitchen with a hot cuppa (of whatever!).  We do have a few cups!

 Eventually, I use the last of the wood stacked on the porch and then have to shovel a path down to the wood shed (if we have snow like we do this year - hooray for snow!) and load up the dining room porch with enough to keep me for a few more days.
 Please let this last till Walt gets home on Friday - he LOVES bringing up wood!!!  (Actually, I really don't mind - it's a good excuse to get outside.  And on glorious days like today any excuse is a good excuse.)
After the porch was restocked I decided to get started on the decks.  Seeing as how the decks wrap around the house, I fully expect there will still be some of this work also for Walt when he gets home on Friday.  Good thing he likes working around the house!!!

No comments: