Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pile It On!!

The latest fad in jewelry fashion! It's called "layering." You can see some of that here.I know I'm a little wacky and weird--that's nothing new!!! I have always said that "getting dressed should be fun." That's my philosophy on fashion. I love getting dressed and putting together outfits. Sometimes I actually put together an outfit to go to the Post Office--now that's pure desperation (probably in the dead of winter)!!!
And now along comes jewelry layering! Yea! Something else to play with when getting ready to go out. This was one of my favorite layerings above. It's all crystal and pearls. Yes, some of it is real and some of it is pure junk! In this grouping I've added a strand of antique Swarovski crystal beads that I got at a flea market in Belgium. It's a favorite piece, but sometimes hard to find just the right thing to wear it with--so this works perfectly!
I love wearing jewelry and the problem always is what to choose, but with this I can just pile it on as much as I want! (As long it sort of goes together and has a theme--color or type.)
(Remember you can click on the images to enlarge them if you want to see the pieces up close.)
Now this is one of my favorite things--being able to wear jewelry AND scarves--that's best of all. Works pretty good, doncha think?!!

No comments: