Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here Comes The Blushing Bride!

And there she is! Cindy's the one that is smiling--really smiling!!! She's sitting with Ellen and her future mother-in-law, Mary. She does look happy--and excited. (And what was that about being warm in January???) And yes, I know the rule about lighting candles before 6:00 p.m. . . .
Here's the rest of the celebrators--Drin, Colleen and Joan. They were working on coffee after a huge slice of cheesecake. Yummy. I'm sure everyone went home and took a nap even though they all said they were going to go home and go for a walk. . . .
I love group photos. Here we have Linda, Colleen, Drin, Cindy, Joan, Ellen and Mary. They're always so gracious to let me take pictures--even when they know they're going out to the world!
And here we have my favorite thing about entertaining--the table. I like to joke about the real reason I love to entertain is so I can set the table. Love it. Very fun and very creative. Considering how many sets of dishes I have (I'll NEVER tell), I have to say that!
I told Dee at Stephens Floral my colors and I wanted a lunch table centerpiece and this is what they did for me. It was so lovely. Worked perfectly with everything. Beautiful. I love flowers.
Bird's eye view of the arrangement.
I call these my lady dishes. They're probably my favorite of all. Each plate has a different fashion design on it--called "Design 1900." I got them when we lived in Germany. They are Villeroy and Boch and we would take daytrips to the factory in Luxembourg. It was a beautiful drive and the shopping at the factory was amazing.
And this stemware is without a doubt my favorite set. I love the color and the shape is just gorgeous. I got them somewhere over on the Czech border--can't remember exactly where. (We did a lot of shopping while we lived in Europe! What an opportunity.)

No comments: