Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Images of Christmas Past -- FOOD!!!

Bummer! I got this section backwards, upside down, whatever. They're not in order. This is the pound cake I made as the base for my English trifle.
Katie gave me a trifle bowl for Christmas! I was so excited--we have English friends, so we've been served some fabulous trifles over the years. It's something I've always wanted to be able to do as a dessert--and you must have the proper bowl for it. Thanks, Katie!
So my first attempt was a blueberry trifle, and I must say, it turned out pretty well. And pretty!
I also got the pasta attachments for my Kitchenaid so had fun trying that out. NO FLOUR mess! It was wonderful. I love it. And the pasta was delicious.
I remember my grandmother making fresh noodles--so much work--rolling out the dough and cutting it and then hanging the noodles on the backs of the chairs to dry. Such memories.
This rack sure works good! (well)
And this is my fabulous, delicious lelftover-Christmas-turkey noodle soup. So good!
Emily and I decided to make some chokecherry syrup. She loves it and wanted some to take home with her.
So, I put her to work! She's wonderful help in the kitchen. As is Sophie. I love having them help me.
Our breakfast strata for Christmas morning. We always have a breakfast between the stockings and gift opening. And it is very traditional: orange juice, strata and monkey bread.
It's just right. Pretty light and portable, but enough to get us through till dinner.
This is the monkey bread when I took it out of the oven and before turning it out of the pan. I love all the Christmas food.
And, of course, we can't do Christmas without a gingerbread house! The kids love it!

1 comment:

Kelle at The Never Done Farm said...

Why is it that you don't weigh a ton?, LOL! It all looks so... good!
Hey, please stop by our blog, we've awarded you a special award.
Blessings,
Kelle