Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Children Are A Gift From God

I think I was a little surprised when Jenny and I saw this morning that the Duggars are expecting child #20 in the spring.  I mean after all, they already have 19 children AND 2 grandchildren!!!  Isn't it time for them to stop?  I mean, really, she's at least 45 - isn't it time to call it quits?

Well, I've sort of been thinking about it all day and here's what I really think.  Children are a gift from God.  It truly is my belief as a Christian that there is not a child born that is an accident - every child is from God and meant to be.  And as I really think about it, it is certainly interesting that for the most part the families that are choosing to have large families (instead of using birth control, they are allowing God to "control" how many children they have) - these families are Christian families, raising their children as strong believers to impact the culture they will live in.  Many, if not most, of these families are also homeschooling their children in order to protect them from the perverse and destructive attitudes and beliefs being purveyed in the public school systems across this nation.

So I say, "God bless you Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and may God bless all those beautiful children He has given you and you are raising up to love and honor Him."